Community Quilt 71

7 04 2013

This was a BIG quilt. I didn’t realise how big until I started quilting it. Instead of doing an all-over design, it decided to feature feathers in the light blocks, leaves and curls in the green areas, more feathers in the light border, and curls in the other border. As a result, this quilt took well over 6 hours to quilt. Had I stuck with an all-over design, it might have taken less than half the time. But I was happy I spent the extra time on it, as I think the quilting complements the quilt well.

(Click on a photo to view it larger)

quilt71_04

quilt71_03

quilt71_02

 

Back:

quilt71_05

Threads used:

  • Top: Fil-Tec Glide ‘Sea Foam’ (40 wt, trilobal polyester, colour #97494)
  • Bobbin: Bobbinfil (white)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/


Actions

Information

One response

8 04 2013
treadlemusic

Your quilting is gorgeous and, I’m sure, prevented a case of insanity (yours) as I find an edge to edge quilting motif on a larger quilt really does drive me a bit over the edge. I would rather do it like you did…..using the pattern as a springboard for the stitching areas. You continue to be my ‘heroine’!! Hugs…..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: