Evolution of a quilt: 9

2 02 2008

After spending some hours cleaning my Mum’s old sewing machine, testing stitches, thread tensions, making samples, etc., I FINALLY got back to working on the quilt today. I took my friend Bobbie’s advice (and superior quilting knowledge!) and outlined the dragonfly body in black bias tape. And decided to cover the silver separator for the head/eyes and make that black too. There are no rules, so it doesn’t matter!

Oh, and I’ve also uploaded ALL the quilt pictures (to date) to a separate album on Webshots.

To get some idea of the size of this quilt, my husband is holding it and he’s 6’3″…

Dragonfly with black bias tape

Links to all posts about this quilt


Actions

Information

3 responses

2 02 2008
Char James-Tanny

The quilt looks awesome! Nice job 🙂

2 02 2008
steph

Simply stunning! You clever sausage (full of unexpected things).

3 02 2008
sandgroper14

Thanks to you both for your kind comments. It’s not finished yet – more leaves to add, vine tendrils (may be done at the quilting stage), and then of course the batting, backing and the quilting. But it’s starting to look complete.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.




%d bloggers like this: