Evolution of a quilt: 9

2 02 2008

After spending some hours cleaning my Mum’s old sewing machine, testing stitches, thread tensions, making samples, etc., I FINALLY got back to working on the quilt today. I took my friend Bobbie’s advice (and superior quilting knowledge!) and outlined the dragonfly body in black bias tape. And decided to cover the silver separator for the head/eyes and make that black too. There are no rules, so it doesn’t matter!

Oh, and I’ve also uploaded ALL the quilt pictures (to date) to a separate album on Webshots.

To get some idea of the size of this quilt, my husband is holding it and he’s 6’3″…

Dragonfly with black bias tape

Links to all posts about this quilt