Community Quilt 40

22 12 2012

This pretty quilt didn’t take too long to quilt. It was a lap size quilt for starters. And I did very simple quilting on it, using long arcs to make the flower ‘petals’.

As all the fabrics were florals, I decided to quilt large flower shapes. To quilt from the centre out to the corners would’ve have taken too long, so instead from the point at one edge and did long sweeping up and down arcs crossing in the centre of each diamond and at the points. The effect is of large intersecting circles (‘cathedral windows’), or if you can’t see those (the back shows them better), then just flower petals 😉

Click on a photo to view it larger.









Threads used:

  • Top: Guterman Sulky in a soft variegated pink for the lighter diamonds (rayon, 40 wt; colour 2100); Superior King Tut variegated purple, blue, green and yellow for the darker diamonds (Egyptian cotton, colour ‘Cairo’ #932)
  • Bobbin: Wonderfil Deco-Bob (80 wt; colour DB 115)