Community Quilt 395

8 04 2018

I made this quilt top back in February, and got it back for quilting! The spots in many of the fabrics meant it was easy to decide a motif — large circles/bubbles/pebbles in the main top (in yellow thread), then a motif I made up in my head of odd-length ‘pipes’ ending in round shapes (bobble heads?). I quite like the effect of those bobble heads and will likely do them again. And yes, I just coined a name for that motif — ‘bobble head’. You heard it here first, folks!

(Click on a photo to view it larger)

Threads used:

  • Top: Fil-Tec Glide ‘Marigold’ (40 wt, trilobal polyester, colour 80130); Madeira (40 wt, rayon, colour 1047)
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (white)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/


Actions

Information

One response

8 04 2018
Two days = 3 quilt tops made | Rhonda Bracey: At Random

[…] For the third, I found some bright yellows, greens, and blues, and made the final top (Update: I got to quilt this one too!). All have now been donated to the CQ program for finishing off and delivering to charitable […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.




%d bloggers like this: