For this quilt, I decided to do some free-form feather medallions in the centre of each blank block. But before I started those, I stitched in the ditch around all the blocks and borders, and around the main elements in each scrappy block.
In the blank blocks, I started by marking a circle, then did the outside feathers and their echo, then the inside feathers and their echo, followed by some wavy cross-hatching in the middle.
I stitched free-form pointed arcs in the borders, finishing off the corners with a pointed arc and a swirly thing inside it.
(Click on a photo to view it larger)
- Top: Rasant Egyptian cotton (light tan)
- Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (light tan)
Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/