Community Quilt 159

10 09 2014

This quilt just didn’t ‘sing’ to me and I took ages trying to figure out how to quilt it. It sat on the back of a sofa for a couple of weeks first, with me hoping to get inspired every time I passed it. It wasn’t to be…

I knew I’d have to stitch in the ditch around all the scrap fabric squares, so I started with that. The empty white spaces were then quite puffy, so I did a simple point-to-point star effect, but still the middles were too puffy, so I did an eight-pointed star inside each one of the big white spaces.

Not my favorite quilt to quilt, and it was BIG too.

(Click on a photo to view it larger)

quilt159_01

quilt159_02  quilt159_03

Threads used:

  • Top: Mettler Metrosene Plus (polyester, colour 0781)
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (white)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/


Actions

Information

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: