Community Quilt 248

1 02 2016

This big quilt took me a long time to quilt, both in actual hours (about 10) and over time. I started it a few days before I had shoulder surgery (19 Dec 2015), getting all the stitching in the ditch done. Then I couldn’t quilt for a couple of weeks, then the weekend I set myself to get back to it we evacuated the house because of the threat of a major bushfire, then other stuff got in the way. Finally, I got back to it this weekend and finished it!

To make the stars ‘pop’, I stitched diamond shapes in the white space between them, then filled the white background around each star with some elongated ‘n’ and ‘u’ shapes, which made both the stars and the diamonds ‘pop’. All that stitching created an interesting effect on the back, too. I left the borders unstitched.

(Click on a photo to view it larger)

quilt248_02

quilt248_04

quilt248_03

Back:

quilt248_01

Threads used:

  • Top: Fil-Tec Glide ‘White’ (40 wt, trilobal polyester, colour 10000)
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (white)