Community Quilt 246

11 12 2015

This quilt had bias edges on the diamond shapes that needed to be dealt with as they were causing quite a bit of puffing as they were stretching out of shape.

I started by stitching in the ditch around all the blocks, borders, and stars. Then I echo stitched (in red) inside each of the diamonds, filling every alternate diamond with ribbon candy and the others with some more ruler work. All this stitching was successful in stopping the puffiness caused by the bias fabric.

I finished off with a wonky star in the centre square and some basic stippling in black backgrounds around each star, leaving the sashing strips and borders unstitched.

(Click on a photo to view it larger)

quilt246_04

quilt246_03

quilt246_02

quilt246_01

Threads used:

  • Top: Robison-Anton ‘Tuxedo Red’ (40 wt, rayon, colour 2420); black
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (black)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/


Actions

Information

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: