Community Quilt 201

21 04 2015

This was a smallish, bright quilt. I started by stitching in the ditch around all the blocks, then echo quilted around each of the appliqued pieces. In the border, I stitched a squared-off stipple, which is almost impossible to see against the fabric.

I left the brightly coloured sashing strips unquilted.

(Click on a photo to view it larger)

quilt201_01

quilt201_04

quilt201_03

quilt201_02

Threads used:

  • Top: Madeira Rayon (40 wt, rayon, colour 1166)
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (black)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/





Community Quilt 200

21 04 2015

Yes, I just finished quilting my 200th Community Quilt!

This was a big quilt, so to stabilise it I stitched in the ditch around all the coloured strips. I then echo stitched about a half inch inside the coloured strips using a variegated pastel thread.

And I finished off the centres of each block with a free-motion (i.e. no rulers) square spirals.

(Click on a photo to view it larger)

quilt200_01

quilt200_02

Threads used:

  • Top: Stitch in the ditch: Wonderfil Silco (40 wt, colour SC 03); echo stitching: Fil-Tec Harmony ‘Spring’ (40 wt, cotton, colour 1462); square spirals: Fil-Tec Glide ‘Linen’ (40 wt, trilobal polyester, colour 10WG1)
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (white)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/