Community Quilt 194

3 03 2015

This was the last of the latest batch of Community Quilts, and the last done before I travel to the US on Thursday.

It was a bright ‘eye spy’ quilt and all those straight lines just told me to stitch it with a rounded motif! I went for an all-over design of very large spirals (lines about half an inch apart) in a matching yellow thread.

(Click on a photo to view it larger)


quilt194_01

 

quilt194_02

Threads used:

  • Top: Fil-Tec Glide ‘Mango’ (40 wt, trilobal polyester, colour 80116)
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (light tan)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/





Community Quilt 193

3 03 2015

This brightly coloured scrappy quilt was very puffy — I think there were lots of bias edges in the blocks.

I started by stitching in the ditch with a thin Deco-Bob thread around all the large blocks and their yellow borders to stabilise the puffiness as far as possible. For the main part of each block, I stitched a large ‘wonky star‘ in yellow, with a secondary smaller wonky star inside the square made by the larger star.

My aim was to keep the geometric look of the blocks while stitching them enough to flatten out some of the puffiness.

I left all the borders and sashings unstitched.

(Click on a photo to view it larger)


quilt193_01

quilt193_02

Threads used:

  • Top: Wonderfil Deco-Bob (80 wt, colour DB122); Fil-Tec Glide ‘Mango’ (40 wt, trilobal polyester, colour 80116)
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (light tan)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/