Community Quilt 301

27 12 2016

This scrappy quilt had so many different fabrics and colours that any quilting was going to get lost in it, so I opted to do a large meandering stipple to hold the layers together.

(Click on a photo to view it larger)

quilt301_01

quilt301_02

Threads used:

  • Top: Fil-Tec Harmony ‘Autumn’ (40 wt, variegated cotton, colour 14081)
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (light tan)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/





Community Quilt 300

27 12 2016

Number 300! 300 quilts quilted for the Western Australian Quilters Association Community Quilts program in the 54 months since June 2012!

This 300th quilt used fabrics in dark jewel tones, and looked to me like a disappearing nine-patch. I decided to quilt it in spirals to counterbalance the geometric nature of the blocks, using a variegated purple thread.

(Click on a photo to view it larger)

quilt300_01

quilt300_02

Threads used:

  • Top: Fil-Tec Harmony ‘Violets’ (40 wt, variegated cotton, colour 14072)
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (lead gray)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/





Community Quilt 299

27 12 2016

How to quilt this blue and brown quilt? Well, the star blocks gave me a clue. After stitching in the ditch around the main elements, I stitched big wonky stars in the two brown blocks, and more in the centres of some of the other blocks too.

(Click on a photo to view it larger)

quilt299_01

quilt299_03

quilt299_02

Threads used:

  • Top: Robison-Anton ‘Best Brown’ (40 wt, rayon, colour 2566)
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (lead gray)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/





Community Quilt 298

27 12 2016

It was hard to decide how to quilt this small ‘Chinese coin’-style scrappy quilt. After stitching in the ditch around the main colour blocks, I stitched vertical lines to cross the horizontals of the ladder-like strips. In the beige border I did a ‘u’ or ‘n’ motif, and a simple stipple in the green floral border.

(Click on a photo to view it larger)

quilt298_01

quilt298_02

Threads used:

  • Top: Aurifil (50 wt, cotton, colour 2310)
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (light tan)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/