Community Quilt 223

16 08 2015

I thought this quilt was individual blocks, but the entire centre was a single panel print! Clever.

I started by stitching in the ditch around each of the ‘blocks’, leaving the ‘borders’ around each one unstitched. Then I did loopy Ns and Us in the soft green leaf border, and a meandering stipple in the large leaf border. Finally, I outlined the main elements in each bear and rabbit block. I didn’t try to be too precise here — the aim was to hold the layers together yet keep some puffiness in these blocks.

(Click on a photo to view it larger)

quilt223_01

quilt223_03

quilt223_02

Threads used:

  • Top: Rasant (cotton, colour 0861); Isacord (40 wt, trilobal polyester, colour FB 5660 [soft green])
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (light tan)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/


Actions

Information

One response

21 08 2015
Dawn C.

Cute kids quilt. You are still working hard!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: