This was a small scrappy quilt, made from all sorts of fabric squares. The main colour theme seemed to be a purple/pink, so I decided to quilt it in purple. Several of the seams were uneven, so I needed to use a motif that ‘stitched them into submission’ without causing too many puckers. To counteract the squares, I decided to do a rounded motif, and chose an old favourite — swirly spirals.
I liked the end result.
(Click on a photo to view it larger)
- Top: Robison-Anton (40 wt, rayon, purple of some sort)
- Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (dark gray)
Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/