Community Quilt 188

15 02 2015

This was a BIG scrappy quilt, made up of lots of 2″ squares in a sort of chevron pattern.

My first task was to stitch  in the ditch to stabilise it (there were quite a few wonky seams, especially by the time you got to the border). I stitched in the ditch every 3×3 ‘block’, which helped hold it together. Then I stitched diagonally across every second chevron, following the pattern of the fabrics, and pivoting at the apex and returning down the other side of the chevron. I used a variegated purple thread.

The overall effect is of very large chevrons, which is what I set out to achieve. My Line Tamer ruler got a good workout 😉

(Click on a photo to view it larger)

quilt188_02

quilt188_03
quilt188_01

Threads used:

  • Top: Fil-Tec Harmony ‘Violets’ (40 wt, cotton, colour 14072)
  • Bottom: Fil-Tec Magna Glide Classic pre-wound bobbin (gray)

Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/


Actions

Information

One response

27 02 2015
Dawn C.

Rhonda – you’ve been hard at work! I love this quilt!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: