Community Quilt 8

7 08 2012

This was actually two humidicrib quilts, but as they are so small (16 by 24 inches) and as they were similar tops and as I used the same quilting motif, I decided to class this as one community quilt.

Again, I used an open headband motif, with a variegated cotton thread in pale pastels on the top and a pre-wound bobbin in beige on the back. Yes, the wind was ‘fresh’ when I took these photos!





Baby quilt 3

6 08 2012

I made the third baby quilt this weekend and will post it to the recipient today (she lives in Queensland so hand-delivering it is not an option!). This time I used the same pattern as in quilts 1 and 2, but I used purples for the colour theme.

The backing fabric was some old fabric I’ve had forever — I think it was old curtain fabric I bought but never used. I used a Superior King Tut variegated pink/purple thread (Egyptian Princess, colour 403) in the top and a pale pink Wonderfil Deco-Bob (colour DB 205; 80 wt) in the bobbin. The quilting motif I used was an ‘open headband‘ style.

All piecing, binding etc. was done on my Husqvarna Sapphire 870 and the quilting was done on my Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen.

More photos on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630633535462/