This was a fairly ‘busy’ scrappy quilt, with an equally ‘busy’ border fabric.
I decided to quilt it in feathers, starting from the centre and working out along the diagonals and from the centre to the mid-point of the sides, with a few extra stems added so that no feather was super large. In each feather, I also stitched a centre spine to reduce the puffiness.
I used a variegated thread in red, blue, purple, green and orange for the feathers and the same thread for the flames in the border fabric.
(Click on a photo to view it larger)
- Top: Superior Rainbows ‘Carnival’ (40 wt, trilobal polyester; colour #821)
- Bobbin: Wonderfil Deco-Bob (80wt, colour DB 414)
Photos of all the Community Quilts I’ve quilted are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhondamadeit/sets/72157630291250200/