Community Quilt 13 and 2012 FMQ Challenge for August

19 08 2012

I wasn’t sure how to quilt this quilt top. It was very busy, so I figured that an overall stitching motif would be best, instead of trying to emphasise the quilting. I let it sit for a couple of days after basting it to see if any inspiration came to me.

The FMQ Challenge for August was “jester’s hats” so I decided to practice drawing them, then quilting them on a practice piece, then quilting them on this quilt. Killing two birds with one stone!

Despite looking simple, I actually found the jester’s hats quite hard to do. For some reason, my brain just couldn’t latch on to this pattern easily. Some of them went off in directions of their own, and I got myself into a few corners that I found hard to get out of. Fortunately, this quilt is so busy in design, fabrics, and colours that I think only ‘the quilt police’ would notice where I got stuck. ;-)

I used a variegated yellow/green King Tut thread (‘Nile Crocodile’ [colour 943]) in the top and a navy Invisifil thread (colour IF 608) in the bobbin to match the pretty yellow/blue floral fabric on the back.

 

 


Actions

Information

5 responses

19 08 2012
Rhonda Phillips

Looks fantastic!

19 08 2012
Tammy

Your jesters hat design looks fabulous, as does that lovely quilt. Bravo.. very well done. I love it.

21 08 2012
Carolyn

Nice work Rhonda. Well done!

21 08 2012
Lisa

its fabulous, your work is amazing Rhonda, really lovely, love it

13 12 2012

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 78 other followers

%d bloggers like this: