This month’s challenge looked to be a relatively simple piece to do, but I struggled with it. I’m not sure if it was the rush I did it in (almost the last day of the challenge before I got to it), or whether I just didn’t like ‘colouring in between the lines’ and being forced to crop a design because of defined edges. Or whether I just figured that doing this without marking or using a ruler for the long straight lines would make it look very amateur (I only free motion quilt on my Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen, so all straight stitches are free motion too, even if I use a ruler or mark the line).
Anyhow, I did it. I’m not particularly happy with it, but I did do it in about 10 minutes and didn’t practice first (yeah, I know….). Straight lines are wonky, and intended filler designs went out of kilter.